I’m running for the SC House of Representatives in 2020. Now more than ever conservative values, our 2nd amendment rights, life, the free market, quality education, and American patriotism needs to be represented in Columbia. I will need your help to continue the work in Columbia. I started to make our state an even better place to live, work, raise a family, and to own a business.
I made great strides in my first few terms in the Legislature—from passing substantive ethics reform to meaningful DOT reform and funding to fix our deteriorating roads to building our infrastructure - land, sea, and rail, to removing burdensome regulations so our job-creating businesses can truly flourish. I personally removed regulations and reduced processing and assessment fees - saving our small businesses millions of dollars, so they can thrive, grow, and compete in the global market.
South Carolina’s leading business advocacy groups consistently recognized me as being one of the most pro-jobs and pro-business legislators in the entire state.
I humbly ask for your support in 2020. Your help is needed.
By volunteering or making a financial campaign contribution, you will ensure my campaign team, and I have the resources needed to win. SAMUEL RIVERS FOR HOUSE • PO BOX 760 • GOOSE CREEK, SC 29445
There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer
· Door knocking
· Voter outreach
· Poll watchers on election day
· Hosting meet and greets or fundraisers
· Yard signs
Together We Can Repair The World
Samuel Rivers Jr
It has been a pleasure serving in the South Carolina House of Representatives for my constituents of District 15 and for all residents of our great state. I served on the Education, Judiciary, and Regulations and Administrative Procedures Committee.
- Recipient of the 2018 Friend of the Government Accountability Award. This award was given to me for my work on Welfare Reform in H.3833. I was recognized for my commitment to policy reforms that empower Americans through work and reduce dependency.
- Recipient of The Response: USA Champion of Faith Award
- Founder of the Mevers Berkeley School of Excellence, first Charter School in Berkeley County, South Carolina.
- 2013, 2014, and 2015 South Carolina Chamber of Commerce’s Business Advocate Award Recipient
- Rated the #1 Pro Jobs, Industry, and Business legislator in the entire General Assembly by the state’s leading business organizations.
- Advanced legislation for SC road funding, job creation, and to get our neighbors’ back to work
- Worked to improve workforce development, including a push for a career pathway initiative that will train and support our students in the state’s emerging industries
- Rated as the strongest taxpayer advocate from the Lowcountry in the House of Representatives by the taxpayer watchdog group SC Club for Growth for my strong conservative voting record on economic growth issues
- Worked closely with Berkeley County Sheriff Duane Lewis and North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey to advance real action in making our communities safer
- South Carolina Business, Industry, Political Education Committee’s #1 Pro-Jobs and Pro-Business Legislator (of the 124 State Representatives)
- Assistant Majority Whip
- Member of the Education and Public Works Committee
- Member of the Berkeley County Legislative Delegation
- Member of the Charleston County Legislative Delegation
- Leader in bringing The Medal of Honor Bowl – a national sports program and college all-star football game – to the State of South Carolina
- Organizer of a A Better Educated America Forum (forum on urban renewal, education and school vouchers) and of The Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice Forum in Berkeley-Charleston Counties
- Leader of A Career Educational Forum for high school juniors and seniors
- Leader in working with educators on the national level to expand school choices for parents: public, charter, private, religious schools
It has been an honor to serve in the South Carolina State House of Representatives. I will continue to introduce and support legislation that protects our taxpayers and small businesses, gives teachers and first responders proper funding, and ensures our state’s rights. However, I cannot accomplish these goals without your continued support. I humbly ask you to make a financial contribution to my re-election campaign today. Your contribution today will ensure my campaign team and I have the resources needed to win this election.
$1,000 is the maximum individual or business contribution per election cycle for a state legislative election in South Carolina. Couples may give double ($2,000) per cycle from a joint account with both signatures on the check.
Please make checks to: Rivers for House, P.O. Box 760, Goose Creek, SC 29445
Contact Representative Rivers:
323D Blatt Bldg.
Columbia, SC 29201
Business Phone: (803)212-6890
P.O. Box 760
Goose Creek 29445
Home Phone: (843)553-6448
Fax: (843)529-0397 fax