It has been a pleasure serving in the South Carolina House of Representatives for my constituents of District 15 and for all residents of our great state. I served on the Education, Judiciary, and Regulations and Administrative Procedures Committee.
- Recipient of the 2018 Friend of the Government Accountability Award. This award was given to me for my work on Welfare Reform in H.3833. I was recognized for my commitment to policy reforms that empower Americans through work and reduce dependency.
- Recipient of The Response: USA Champion of Faith Award
- Founder of the Mevers Berkeley School of Excellence, first Charter School in Berkeley County, South Carolina.
- 2013, 2014, and 2015 South Carolina Chamber of Commerce’s Business Advocate Award Recipient
- Rated the #1 Pro Jobs, Industry, and Business legislator in the entire General Assembly by the state’s leading business organizations.
- Advanced legislation for SC road funding, job creation, and to get our neighbors’ back to work
- Worked to improve workforce development, including a push for a career pathway initiative that will train and support our students in the state’s emerging industries
- Rated as the strongest taxpayer advocate from the Lowcountry in the House of Representatives by the taxpayer watchdog group SC Club for Growth for my strong conservative voting record on economic growth issues
- Worked closely with Berkeley County Sheriff Duane Lewis and North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey to advance real action in making our communities safer
- Assistant Majority Whip
- Member of the Education and Public Works Committee
- Member of the Berkeley County Legislative Delegation
- Member of the Charleston County Legislative Delegation
- Leader in bringing The Medal of Honor Bowl – a national sports program and college all-star football game – to the State of South Carolina
- Organizer of a A Better Educated America Forum (forum on urban renewal, education and school vouchers) and of The Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice Forum in Berkeley-Charleston Counties
- Leader of A Career Educational Forum for high school juniors and seniors
- Leader in working with educators on the national level to expand school choices for parents: public, charter, private, religious schools
It has been an honor to serve in the South Carolina State House of Representatives. I will continue to introduce and support legislation that protects our taxpayers and small businesses, gives teachers and first responders proper funding, and ensures our state’s rights. However, I cannot accomplish these goals without your continued support. I humbly ask you to make a financial contribution today. Your contribution today will ensure that I have the resources needed to support these priorities.
$1,000 is the maximum individual or business contribution per election cycle for a state legislative election in South Carolina. Couples may give double ($2,000) per cycle from a joint account with both signatures on the check.
Please make checks to: Rivers for House, P.O. Box 760, Goose Creek, SC 29445