It has been a pleasure serving in the South Carolina House of Representatives for my constituents of District 15 and for all residents of our great state. I served on the Education, Judiciary, and Regulations and Administrative Procedures Committee.
- Recipient of the 2018 Friend of the Government Accountability Award. This award was given to me for my work on Welfare Reform in H.3833. I was recognized for my commitment to policy reforms that empower Americans through work and reduce dependency.
- Recipient of The Response: USA Champion of Faith Award
- Founder of the Mevers Berkeley School of Excellence, first Charter School in Berkeley County, South Carolina.
- 2013, 2014, and 2015 South Carolina Chamber of Commerce’s Business Advocate Award Recipient
- Rated the #1 Pro Jobs, Industry, and Business legislator in the entire General Assembly by the state’s leading business organizations.
- Advanced legislation for SC road funding, job creation, and to get our neighbors’ back to work
- Worked to improve workforce development, including a push for a career pathway initiative that will train and support our students in the state’s emerging industries
- Rated as the strongest taxpayer advocate from the Lowcountry in the House of Representatives by the taxpayer watchdog group SC Club for Growth for my strong conservative voting record on economic growth issues
- Worked closely with Berkeley County Sheriff Duane Lewis and former North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey to advance real action in making our communities safer
- Assistant Majority Whip
- Member of the Education and Public Works Committee
- Member of the Berkeley County Legislative Delegation
- Member of the Charleston County Legislative Delegation
- Leader in bringing The Medal of Honor Bowl – a national sports program and college all-star football game – to the State of South Carolina
- Organizer of a A Better Educated America Forum (forum on urban renewal, education and school vouchers) and of The Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice Forum in Berkeley-Charleston Counties
- Leader of A Career Educational Forum for high school juniors and seniors
- Leader in working with educators on the national level to expand school choices for parents: public, charter, private, religious schools
- Samuel was inducted into The Citadel Military College of S.C. Wall of fame for my outstanding contribution to Educational Policy.
- Member of the Judiciary Committee, Regulations and Administration Procedures
It has been an honor to serve in the South Carolina State House of Representatives. As a leader, I am committed to working towards enhancing the quality of life in South Carolina. My vision is to create an environment that fosters growth, drivers innovation and inspires excellence. I believe in providing ample opportunities to the people of South Carolina to establish successful businesses, raise happy families and impart quality education to children. Together we can build a brighter future for our state and it's citizens. I am looking forward to the prospect of taking on a more significant role in driving the growth and development of our state in the near future.